Effective: March 1, 2021
This Policy applies only to information collected through the Service and therefore does not apply to data we collect in other contexts.
What information we collect and maintain about you
We collect personal and other information from you directly when you provide it to us through the Service. We may also automatically collect certain information about you and your computer, smartphone, or other device when you use, access, or interact with the Service.
Personal information. You can visit the Site without submitting any information that we can use to identify you personally. However, if you use the App or certain features of the Service, you will be required to provide personal information. Such information could include, for example, your name, email address, or phone number.
Payment information. When you make a purchase through the Service, you will be required to provide your payment card and billing information. Please note that this payment information is not received or otherwise processed by the Company. Please refer to the section entitled “With whom and why we share your information” for more information.
Usage information. We collect information about the frequency and nature of your interactions with the Service.
Log data. When you use the Service, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. This may include such data as your IP address and domain name, the pages you visit on the Site, the date and time of your visit, your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs), your general geographic location (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region), and certain cookie information (see below). To obtain such information, we may use web logs or applications that recognize your computer and gather information about its online activity.
Web beacons. The Site or the emails that you receive from Threadstack may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “clear gif” or “web bug”). A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include personal information. For example, it can allow an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
How we use your information
Threadstack uses the information that we collect for a variety of purposes. These purposes include, for example:
- To respond to your questions or requests concerning the Service or other services offered by us;
- To fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us;
- To fulfill your requests for our services or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate;
- To send you information about our services and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications;
- To deliver confirmations, account information, notifications, and similar operational communications;
- General marketing purposes;
- Processing purchases;
- To improve your user experience and the quality of our products and services;
- To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements; and
- To manage our business.
In addition to the purposes above, we use the information that we collect automatically through the Service for such purposes as:
- Counting and recognizing visitors to the Service;
- Analyzing how visitors use the Service and various Service features;
- Improving the Service and enhancing users’ experiences with the Site;
- Creating new products and services or improving our existing products and services;
- Enabling additional website analytics and research concerning the Site;
- Engaging in interest-based advertising (as described below); and
- Managing our business.
Threadstack may link information gathered through the Service with information that we collect in other contexts. But in that event, we will handle the combined information in a manner consistent with this Policy.
With whom and why we share your information
We share your information with other parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Third-party service providers. Threadstack does not sell your information to third parties. Threadstack uses third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, and analytics providers (as discussed above). These service providers may collect and/or use your information, including information that identifies you personally, to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above.
We may share your information with other third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests for services; to complete a transaction that you initiate; to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners; or to manage our business.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
Aggregated information. From time to time, Threadstack may also share aggregated information about Service users, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Service. Such aggregated information will not identify you personally.
How you can access or correct your information
If you want to learn more about the personal information that Threadstack has about you or would like to update or change that information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Service may contain links to third-party websites. If you use these links, you will leave the Service. We have not reviewed these third-party sites and do not control and are not responsible for any of these sites, their content, or their privacy policies. Thus, we do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software, or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites listed on our website, you do so at your own risk.
We employ physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect online. However, no website is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Service or to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
The information that we collect through or in connection with the Service is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. Threadstack also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates or third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By using the Service or by providing any personal or other information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
Content on the Service is not directed at children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18.
Changes to this policy
Threadstack may make changes to the Service in the future and as a consequence will need to revise this Policy to reflect those changes. Threadstack will post all such changes on the Service, so you should review this page periodically. If we make a material change to the Policy, you will be provided with appropriate notice.
How to contact us
Should you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, you can contact us at email@example.com or at Threadstack Inc., 8003 Maple Ridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814.